What's Goin' On? Check out below

8.24.2008

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2

The first Pants movie was definitely more geared to the teen audience, however still found it's way onto my list of favorites. I find the story to be sweet and something with which I could relate. Of course, that doesn't include trips to Greece or my own set of traveling pants!
It's all about the friendships.

Well, the gals are back. This second movie seems geared more to adult women this time. Perhaps targeting the mothers of the tween scene. It's a portrait of friendships that are important moving along different paths. I think all people can relate to losing sight of the ties that bind friendships in search of a new scene. However, those who are dear friends always shine through, even after falling outs, fights and the passing of time.

I know this may seem overly sappy and searching of me but I really felt like the story was done well. Each girl overcame something that had been hindering her. There were a few scenes that even brought tears to my eyes! And yes, I am admitting that here. However, I don't feel too ashamed considering all ten of my readers won't be surprised by this admission.

Also interesting...completely a tangent...I found it interesting that every romantic relationship in this film was interracial. VERY COOL in my book. I don't know why that stood out to me but I say kudos to the casting directors. I'm random, I know.

Okay...off my tangent! If you liked the first movie...head out and see this one too. Even if you haven't seen the first movie, this is still a good one! Seeing the first one will give you a little backstory, so I'd recommend it.

This is a feelgood movie to share with a few of your gal pals!

(Photo: http://media.movieweb.com)

3 comments:

  1. I loved the first Sisterhood movie! It led to my obsession with going to Santorini

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the first one... would I "get" the second one without seeing part one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you would be able to follow along just fine. However, seeing the first one will help explain certain storylines better. It will also make the second one more dramatic...

    ReplyDelete