What's Goin' On? Check out below

8.15.2008

Zucchini Cornbread Cakes

I'd love to get credit for this delicious mingling of flavors...but will give props to Better Homes and Gardens. *I am not 100% positive this is where I found this recipe. It was in a magazine that was open to a recipe page that I found while babysitting.* Anyhow, the recipe suggests having three of these with a Red Pepper Mushroom sauce that made me cringe. So...I decided to make them and pair with a main course dish. It so happened that I had a lovely zucchini from Stef's garden just begging to be put into a delectable recipe, so it was a perfect solution!


Here is the recipe:

1/2 medium zucchini, shredded (about 1 cup)
1 egg
1 package corn muffin mix (8.5 oz)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/4 c. milk
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat twelve 2-1/2" muffin cups.
Combine ingredients and spoon into muffin cups. Bake 11 to 14 minutes.

Finally, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds simple enough - I love when you post recipes. Haven't tried any yet, but I really will!

    ReplyDelete