What's Goin' On? Check out below

8.07.2008

Open Wide...

Mmmm! Cucumber Dip. It is one of the most oft-requested recipes at Angel gatherings. It is a family favorite that was introduced by my Grandma Angel. I'm not sure where she stumbled upon this recipe (nor does she) but I am quite glad that she did!

Upon first glance, it may look like nothing special; but when you sample it, it's a refreshing and savory treat. Now, it can be served with ridged chips or vegetables. It is most important, if you choose the chips, that they be ridged as they tend to be sturdier. You don't want broken chips in your dip, do you?!? Since I prefer chips with this dip, I tend to use fat-free cream cheese and sour cream, just to make me feel better!

Although it would be fun to be the keeper of such a popular recipe, I have chosen to share it. The funny thing is that every person makes it differently due to their personal preferences. If you have not tried this dip, you must! It's delectable.

So, here is the recipe...

Ingredients:
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
2 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese
Sour cream
Dried, minced onions
Garlic Salt (not powder)

Mix the cucumber chunks and cream cheese together. As these blend, add in a few shakes of both the onions and garlic salt. While it mixes, start to spoon in sour cream. You want to wait to mix this in due to the amount of water in the cucumber. This will help you determine how much sour cream to add. You want the dip to be creamy but not runny.

Thick enough that it will stay on your chip but not break it upon dipping!

OPEN WIDE...

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I've been meaning to ask you for this recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the action shots...it feels like it is getting closer to my mouth!!! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me think about making a big batch and just digging in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really good... I'll have to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm... will this be making an appearance next weekend? nrbs?

    ReplyDelete