I am trying to become more domestic in the kitchen. I love to cook but do not do so often enough. I especially like to cook in good company. This past Friday night, I decided to try out another new recipe. This one was a twist on a popular dish. I don't recall where I got this recipe. My guess is a Cooking Light magazine. Instead of pine nut pesto, this one was made with pistachios. Paired with a fresh salad, this dish hit the spot!
*As a side note: we used fresh basil from Stef's garden! Delicious. Also, I added a teensy bit more garlic (1/2 clove) and definitely more evoo than the recipe calls for*
Fusilli with Pistachio Pesto
8 oz. fusilli pasta
2 cups fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup shelled, roasted pistachios
1-1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup (1 oz) grated parmesan cheese
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
extra pistachios for garnish
1. Cook pasta, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta, saving 1/4 cup pasta water. Rinse pasta with cold water. Drain.
2. Combine basil, pistachios, oil, salt and garlic in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping sides. Transfer basil mixture to a large bowl. Stir in cheese and reserved pasta water into basil mix.
3. Add pasta and tomatoes to basil mix; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining pistachios and serve!


And it WAS ever so delicious!!! YUMM!
ReplyDeleteIt was yummy! I'm going to make it for mike this weekend
ReplyDelete