What's Goin' On? Check out below

9.03.2008

I don't get it...

Perhaps I'm alone on this one...but I'm guessing not. Why is it that the scale at the Doctor's office always reads my weight much heavier than any scale I have at home? I swear, I do not tamper with the household scales in a feeble attempt to make myself feel better...I swear. And it doesn't matter if they are digital or mechanical.

But has anyone else noticed this? And why is it? I literally weighed myself at home today before my appointment so as to prepare myself for the shock of it all. Approximately 10 minutes later ~wearing the same clothes, shoes and not ingesting any liquids or foods ~ I was gracefully stepping on their scale only to find quite a variance. And NOT on the lighter side.

SOMEONE, please explain this to me.

Anyhow, in other news. I have started my school year off with a lovely viral malady. More to come on that later...

(Photo courtesy of http://www.healthchecksystems.com)

5 comments:

  1. Were you snorting them miracle grow bottles on the way to the doctor? I told you to quit that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. It sucks. Both the bad doctor's scale and your virus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the Dr. Office scale -- I never look anymore, and I tell them not to tell me. ICH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would always happen to me while I was pregnant. They let me weigh myself at the MD's office, so I would always tell them my at-home-scale weight or just add an appropriate amount of weight from the last visit! It's just not worth the grief!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree. I weigh myself every day and I can go to the dr's office and hour later and I'll weigh significantlly more.

    ReplyDelete