What's Goin' On? Check out below

9.23.2008

Memories...survey style

So, I got tagged by Stefanie..... and now, I must oblige..... no worries, really. I'm only supposed to be planning...Wink

1. Did you date someone from your high school:
Nope. I don't dig chicks...although our brother school MUHS did have a few cuties!



2. What kind of car did you drive?
A blue Buick LeSabre with some sweet rust (not the color) accents. Pretty nice considering the car I learned to drive in was a Ford Aerostar. Yes, folks...that is a mini-van. It did have a digital speedometer which was cool. The neon green numbers flashing before my eyes as I went 0 to 55 in a 50 zone. Dang, I lived on the edge.



3. What is your most embarrassing moment in high school?:

Really? Why is retelling this necessary? I am sure there is a plethora of embarrassing tales I could tell. One of the most embarrassing involves Study Hall Room 319, an air cast and Mrs. Emmons coupled with Mr. Raneiri. I had recently sprained my ankle falling down our front stairwell (yes, you may call me Grace) and was sporting a fancy aircast until I got the 'all clear' from the doctor. The day of my appointment, I kid you not, I was walking down the steep set of Study Hall steps, weaving through stationary desks, when my backpack strap got caught. Down, down, down I tumbled...respraining my ankle and sending me into an almost blackout mode. I was seeing two of everything and got that hot/cold "I'm in shock" feeling. Mrs. Emmons (who always scared me) and Mr. Raneiri (think this guy) carried me to the elevator and then down to the office. I was a little uncomfortable sandwiched between these two teachers in my state of personal crisis. The best part was that I had resprained it just in time for the Opening Night performance of "Quilters". Ah, Thread the Needle!


4. Were you a party animal?:
If you call watching two or maybe even three movies on a Friday night a party animal...then heck ya! I also got wild and crazy shelving candles, filling bins of bath beads and hawking papasan chairs at the Pier for a paycheck! Don't be jealous. I've certainly tamed my ways since then!




5. Were you considered a flirt?:

Not hardly...in fact, still working on that one.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?:

I was in Angelaires...thank you very much. Now, I wasn't cool enough to make it in my sophomore year but I had a great time junior and senior years! It was a swing choir that was often made fun of even though people had NO clue how hard we worked during and after school for it. No, I am not bitter. Really. It just hurts ::tears welling up:: that people have to mock something in which I took so much pride. Actually, I am over it. I just like to be dramatic on my blog. By the way, I was in Concert Choir prior to my days of donning the traditional Angelaires uniform (a.k.a. cocktail waitress in Vegas). I have a picture somewhere...I will post it at some point.

7. Were you a nerd? :

Yes.

8. Were you on any varsity teams?:
For one meet, I swam anchor for the varsity swim team -- 100 m crawl. It was pretty exciting, especially because I did fairly well. After that, I had a slight bout of almost drowning due to asthma and quit water sports for theatre. I continued to swim through the lovely Brookfield Park & Rec where I became certified to lifeguard...no Baywatch scenes were EVER recreated. Ever. Okay, that's a lie. We had those cool red buoy things and had to jump into the pool with them, all official-like. Tangent...sorry.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled?:
Nope. I don't think I ever got a demerit much less a detention. I think my mom did though...does that make up for it?

10. Can you still sing the fight song?:
We didn't have a fight song...otherwise I would have gathered around the old piano with T.O'C. and sung it in four-part harmony. I would have been a low alto for that one.

11. Who were your favorite teachers?:
Hm. That is a tough one. I don't know that I ever had a FAVORITE teacher. Fr. James?? Anyone...anyone? Kidding. I really don't know. Mrs. Stafford was a great theatre teacher and Mr. O'Connor was always interesting. Beyond that, Mrs. Weiss? I really don't know. This will continue to bother me until I have perused my yearbooks to remind myself of my high school experience.

12. Where did you sit during lunch?:
At a table in the cafeteria. Nothing too special.

13. School Mascot?:
Penny the Penguin ...although we were called the Dashers -- still haven't figured that one out. To add to Stef's comment, wasn't a Dasher sometimes shown as a deer? Moonlighting mascots...nothing but trouble!

14. Did you go to homecoming and with who?:

Which year? Freshman year I went with John Lausten...ha! I totally forgot about that until now. I even had suede shorts and a blazer to jazz up my normal look. Awful. Again, I picture floating around somewhere that I will post. After that, I know I went to a bunch of dances, but can't remember which ones were which. Two of the dances I had blind dates! WooHoo! And the trend still continues.

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you?:
This is Stef's answer (with modifications) but I agree: One thing I'd probably change is that I wish Stef and I were closer during high school. But, then again, if we hadn't had our falling out, we probably would have been so sick of each other that we wouldn't be such close friends now. So, I guess it all happened for a reason...Other than that, I do wish I would have been less serious and had more fun!

16. What do you remember most about graduation?:

Feeling beautiful. And thinking it was a little odd that we had to wear gloves with our white dresses. Weird.

Feeling foxy at graduation. Sure I have one a bit too much lipstick but I was living it up!

17. Where did you go senior skip day?:
I don't know where I went. I probably attended school or took an extra shift at work. OR perhaps I was feeling wild and ventured out to Mayfair to see what was new at Units.

18. Have you gained weight since then?:
Um, yes. Thanks for asking, a*&. Excuse me...I meant to say...just a few pounds here and there. Although, I will say, I was my high-school-skinniest (see pic above) my senior year and was able to Crisco my way into my graduation dress last summer. I found it and thought...eh, what the heck! My hips have widened a bit...no need for details on that.

19. Who was your prom date?:
His name was David and he was from the Juders Confirmation class. I had a HUGE crush on this guy. MASSIVE. Figured he would never go to Prom with little ol' me. But he said yes. I got a dress, picked out a boutinneire and determined the perfect updo. It was set! And then, two nights before he called to say he had to attend a family function down South that he had been unaware of when he said yes. Devastated and too embarrassed to go alone, I later found out that he had gone (knowing I would not have gone stag) with a girl (who I DESPISED ~ keep in mind, it takes a lot for me to not care for a person ) that ran in the "popular" crowd. My spirit was a little broken, but my wallet was a little heavier. I took a babysitting job that night and made some pretty money.

20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?:
I did...and even had an old classmate apologize to me for my single status. Awesome.

21. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?:
I guess...don't worry so much. You have the rest of your adult life to do that, if you so choose. Have fun. Let down your hair. Smile more. Enjoy your youth!

And I now tag Dria, Schepp, and Lori. Have fun!

4 comments:

  1. re: #19 and #20. Jerks. both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still laughing... about John Lausten that is. I totally forgot about that. I think that was one of the years we weren't speaking. Hmmm... common theme?

    Oh, and 19 and 20, you'll have to email those lovely ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean, email me who those lovely ladies were.

    ReplyDelete