What's Goin' On? Check out below

9.04.2008

Brilliant fashions...

So, in my insomnia-riddled days of yore (or a few days ago before the start of school and my most recent virus!), I found two websites that provided too many minutes of fun! Ever wonder what you might have looked like in a different era? Well, here's your answer! This was entertaining but creepy at times. Believe it or not, it's my face in each of those pics!!


1950 - ignore the stubble...forgot to shave that morning.

1952- all I need is a Hoover and a martini straight up and I am June Cleaver.

1958- I appliqued this blouse myself in Home Economics. I also learned how to be a good wife by having the house clean, children quiet and dinner on the table when my big, strong hubby sets foot in the door.

1960- Pay no attention to the extra ear sprouting out the side of my head. It's all an illusion. Like my new cat-eye glasses? Sassy.

1964- Clearly these glasses were a hit with the fellas! Why wouldn't they be? Look at that 60's bling!

1966- It's amazing the sorts of things I can hide in there. I have to steal due to the fact that my income is entirely squandered on AquaNet.

1968- This is my favorite look. I am currently rolling Coca-Cola cans in my hair to recreate that amazing *flip*

1970- Notice my pearls have increased in size! I'm movin' up in the world.

1972- I am so happy to have a bird's nest on top of my head.

1974- In the morning I heat up my iron and press my hair on the cotton setting. Don't be jealous...I'm a Breck girl.

1980s- Um, how did this get in here? This decade was supposed to be completely off limits. Oh, well...enjoy!

1992- Scary part is that I think I actually owned a sweater like this in a peach tone with a blue Southwestern pattern on the front. Gold chain too!

1994- Um, anyone heading to Mayfair after school? We could totally hang in the food court and tease our bangs with mini-hairsprays and picks.

1996- I denim vests. I think my hair actually did look like this (only brunette) in 1996. I need to find my senior pictures to compare!

2000- What is with all the pearl necklaces?!? The wall of bangs is amazing. It's like a bug shield. Seriously.

So, onto more fun. I found this site that allows you to change up your looks sans the commitment of actually doing it! I rarely wear more makeup than moisturizer, mascara and lip gloss. I just don't have the patience or makeup savvy for it. Unless you're talking about some heavy pancake makeup for stage purposes...I can do that. However, in every day life, I try not to look like a two-bit *#&%!.

This site allows you to play around with makeup options (even eyeliner which I can't apply to save my soul ~ stage makeup or not!) and different hairstyles, including highlights and lowlights. Here are some new looks I'm pondering:

Before picture. Okay, listen. It was late. I was tired. And feeling sick (which has now become full-blown crap settling in my head/throat). Sue me. I can't be beautiful all the time. Geesh.

Brassy Blonde

Bold Eyes ~ I call it Scintillating Slimer

Ha! Like I could ever get my mane to tame that well. I actually don't mind this one all that much.

What do you think? Should I try wearing makeup? Go blonde? So many options...so little motivation! If you are bored or can't sleep...either of these are great time-suckers! ENJOY.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This looks SO fun! I can't wait to get home and try it -- and then blog about it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a WAY fun site! How do you find these things? I got a giggle out of your many looks. I can't wait to try it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, SO fun...
    Definitely a productive use of your down time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I don't even know what to say, I'm still laughing (along with you) at the pictures from different decades.

    I think I see some girls' weekend fun with makeup application and various hairdos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with everyone - what fun. In a weird way you look like Punky Brewster as "Brassy Blonde" which makes no sense, since she wasn't blonde, but something about that picture.... I'm going to do it.

    ReplyDelete