Since my new career path has become official with the transition from student to teacher, it was time to help out my wardrobe. I figured it was time to stop rotating the same six outfits every week. Last Sunday, I ventured off with my best gals for a little unintentional spree! Since I am not really one who willingly shops for clothes, I have to follow the feeling if it's there! My aversion to dressing rooms lifted long enough for me to try on some new finery. It was most helpful that I had the honest opinions about the new ensembles I was creating within the fluorescent-lit (and certainly not flattering)dressing room. Here are some of the fun things I bought:
*Love this rich cassius-colored sweater. It's got silk sleeves and trim around the neckline. It's very comfortable and passes as somewhat dressy!*
*At first I wasn't sure of this combo deal (fake shirt sewn into vest) but after trying it on really liked it. It's businessy and makes me look like I share the waist size of that mannequin. It's all an illusion...but one I'll take, thank you very much!*
*I love, love, love this jacket. I think it's the color. I have a thing for orangey-reds. I am still trying to figure out if I can wear it comfortably in the classroom. It's sleeves are actually three-quarter length and puffy toward the bottom. So fun*
*These shoes were my first find. They are SO comfy and cute with both dress pants and jeans. Therefore, I decided to find another pair by MUDD in black.*
As I perused clothes, Laura and Stef were checking out Home Electronics. As I walked around, I saw Lil Max's stroller parked but neither of my gals were in sight. It's because they were taking a load off in massager chairs. Don't they look relaxed? So, I took Lil Max to help me find some trouser socks to allow these ladies some quiet time in their newfound bliss.I have finally moved on from the shock I felt after seeing the receipt for my purchase. All in all, it was a successful shopping trip. I bought:
~ 3 pairs of pants
~ 2 pairs or shoes
~ 2 jackets
~ 4 shirts
~ new wallet
~ fun trouser socks
Thank goodness Kohls always has a sale! Oh, and to Stef ~ thanks for the 15% off coupon. My favorite part of the entire trip was walking back to Laura's with my hefty Kohls bag in tow. Classy.
(Photos courtesy www.kohls.com)

Cute clothes! I love love love Kohl's. I'm planning a trip over there today in fact with my 15% off.
ReplyDeleteNice job! The mainstay of my wardrobe is zipper up sweatshirts and Gap favorite tees, so I love hearing about fun clothes shopping.
ReplyDeleteI love MUDD shoes. They're very comfortable and fashionable.