Every once in awhile, I stop dead in my tracks when I recognize I have missed a life-changing opportunity. For some it's a passed- up job offer that would send them traveling around the world. For others, it's the chance meeting of a soul mate in the frozen foods aisle. He's grabbing peas, you carrots. Your hands brush each other in the freezer. If this has happened to you, I have heard that there is a way to track such encounters. I haven't perused this site, but have sources that find it relatively amusing. Click here to see.
Well, fate dealt me a low blow. Last weekend, I was walking into the library picking up my hold material when something in the lobby caught my eye. I didn't really take a moment to scope it out until I was leaving.
And there it was...a flyer representing a multitude of missed connections taunting me from the wall! How could I have not seen this earlier? How can I go on? My breathing grew erratic, my heart pounded. I was glad that Stef was with me in the event of a blackout. This is ridiculous! All this time I've been searching. I mentally kicked myself wondering if I had, in fact, missed a life-changing moment.
See for yourself:
Maybe someday this chance will come again. Until then, I guess I will have to suffice with the regular Joe Schmo sock puppets in my life.

I keep hoping I'll see another of these signs somewhere in the neighborhood. I mean, the demand for Goth Sock Puppets is so high nowadays -- it is the latest trend!!
ReplyDeleteStill makes me snort every time I think about it!
Wow! Which library was this... because I KNOW it couldn't be Brookfield. Maybe you could contact the goth sock puppet coordinator and get details on the next event. Hopefully you'll catch on quickly and can put these skills to use at Burleigh.
ReplyDeleteOh, Trish...so much to learn. The Brookfield Library is THE place for trendsetting!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Amanda - It's Annie Meuler Schumacher. How have you been? I just had to say hi and tell you that this post totally cracked me up. So much to the point that I made my husband come in and read it too. How weird is that?? - I would have done such a double take. It sounds like all is well with you ;0) Take care.....
ReplyDeleteOMG! I personally had children only so they could experience this! And you missed it!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom who will pray for another opportunity of such high calibre....