
It's not often that a romantic comedy surprises me, yet this film managed it! Typically, I rent these types of movies for mindless entertainment. No-brainers, predictable plot line and of course, the "Happy Ever After" ending. definitely, maybe is different in that the plot is comparable to a roller coaster ride that speeds through dark caves. There were a few turns that were predictable and others that just hit you like the spray of light that hits you square in the eyes after exiting a dark cave.
For some reason, I really connected to this movie. I don't know if it's due to the limbo of my life at present or just that I truly am a sucker for the idealistic romance. It's a reminder to recognize what you have in front of you; but to also learn and embrace the new journey when you don't.
Basically, Ryan Reynolds plays the main character who is in the midst of a divorce. His daughter requests for the "real" story of how he met her mother...and thus begins the movie. Abigail Breslin is perfect playing the quirky and precocious daughter to Reynolds father. And the loves of his life are well played by Elizabeth Banks, Isla Fisher, and Rachel Wiesz. A trivial fact...Reynolds' character hails from Madison, WI! Fun stuff.
I say "Rent It". It's a sweet story that won't send you into saccharine overdose!
Let me know if you agree. Like I said...this post could solely be a byproduct of my attempt to live vicariously through movie characters. Is that weird? Enjoy.
Thank you... I'm definitely going to check it out. Chick flicks forever... *sigh*
ReplyDeleteyeah i hate to admit it, but it was good. don't tell any one i said that or i will have to come up there and kill you.
ReplyDeleteMatt,
ReplyDeleteI promise I won't tell ANYONE. And I assume the eight people who read my blog will keep quiet.
Or will they...
they better..
ReplyDeleteHuh? Keep what quiet?
ReplyDeleteheh...
I like your movie reviews.
ReplyDeleteWe'll have to rent this one...
I heard Matt liked it too.
Are you all trying to get me killed?!? Pretend you never read about my friend Matt and his penchant for obvious chick flicks...
ReplyDeleteIt really is a sweet movie. I watched it again! Love it.
Who's Matt and why does he like chick flicks???
ReplyDelete