I digress.
So, with the lines of family and coworkers blurring a bit, the atmosphere around the office is relatively laid back. At times, we even throw in a few antics to keep it fresh. One of the best ways to elicit chuckles is through old pictures. My Dad, being the proud pop that he is, has random photos scattered around his office. Some are in frames on the wall, others tucked into the corner of desk frames and finally the desk drawer of school pictures dating back pretty far. I thought that I had been a successful scavenger and removed any embarrassing photos from his desk drawers....but I was wrong:

I came into work the other day and this picture was taped firmly to the top section of the computer monitor. I had been warned by Joe that he had found a picture and shared it with everyone in the office. He also mentioned that they had a good laugh at the glasses and fancy ribbon. He conveniently did this on a Friday afternoon I had off, knowing that I wouldn't be in until the following Monday. What a little punk. No matter how many times I asked, he would not reveal what picture it was and where he found it.
I'll admit...there have been scarier fashion periods in my life so I wasn't completely mortified by this. In fact, after looking at it, I am wondering if I still have that vest somewhere. I think I might have the perfect skirt to match it! I also wonder when my hair became the untameable beast it is now. It used to be stick straight! Nothing like acidwash paired with paisley.
Anyhow, the lesson here is as follows:
There is danger in working with family. They know your past and have access to pictures for proof!
You have all been sufficiently warned!!
Those glasses sure are somethin'!
ReplyDeleteYour vest would have been a great accent to your DSHA uniform skirt!
If you do find that vest again, can I borrow it??
ReplyDeleteI thought that picture was taken just last year....?!
ReplyDeleteWell, I did have a glamour shot that looked like this last year, but my hair was in a side pony held by a tie dye scrunchy and the glasses were hot pink (but still as big). I never thought to pair it with the DS skirt. Brilliant!
ReplyDeleteIf I find the vest, Stef, you can borrow it for a small fee. It's so amazing I have to make sure you really want to use it!
I had big glasses like that to! Like you I work with my family and my dad has those embarassing pictures all over his office. The best is John, Steph and me in our overalls - we call it the hillbilly picture!
ReplyDeleteCan I tell you that, seriously, I was jealous of that outfit? So cute (at the time).
ReplyDeleteYou're pretty.
ReplyDelete