Since I was a youngster, it's been an Angel tradition to set off our own firework show in the backyard. Although, one year at our old house, my Dad decided to share the show with the neighborhood by setting it off in the middle of the road. It is one 4th I won't forget due to our batty neighbor across the street (Dria, remember good ole Mrs. MacDonald?) hiding behind her squat shrubs with a hose. She was going to put a stop to my Dad and his pesky noisemakers. In her self-proclaimed invisibility, Mrs. Mac showered the audience with water. I believe she denied any involvement years later...
This year I took on the very important job of selecting the fountains for the light show. Although I have no experience in this, I felt pretty confident that my choices would paint the sky with sprays of colorful light. Joe was the flamekeeper and set almost all of the fireworks off. As any work, Joe took this job very seriously! Nick helped here and there, bringing out the inner pyro! All in all, it was really fun to sit in the backyard around our little firepit, watching the bursts of dynamic color with friends and family.




No comments:
Post a Comment