What's Goin' On? Check out below

3.12.2009

Sort of a new 'do...

I am not very good at getting my haircut within the recommended six week time frame. Typically my mop only sees a pair of professional scissors about 3 or 4 times a year, sometimes less. If I am feeling especially punky, I will pull out a pair of nail scissors and chop my bangs myself. YIKES.

But it was time. My hair was starting to develop a mind of its own. It would start out relatively in check but by the end of the day, it either frizzed or curled or just looked plain flat. On special days, it would mix it up and try to pull off a few of those looks at once. Again, yikes.

So, I did it. I made an appointment and got it cleaned up yesterday. For a moment I flirted with telling my hairdresser to just do whatever she saw fit...but refrained from such a bold statement after some thought. Perhaps this summer I'll get a little bolder cut. She did take a good amount off and cleaned up my layers. I do like it but know, when left to my own abilities, my hair will not look the same as when I walked out of the salon.

I have a little before and after for you to view. Keep in mind that the before picture was taken after I fell asleep with wet hair. So, it was natural Amanda to the max. Now you know why I have a straightener...




See, even I'm scared and forlorn!


Much cleaner and happier!!

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the new do! I'm having my own hair troubles lately; ever since I started straightening my hair, my curls have disappeared when I attempt to wear it curly! It's so sad! You look great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome cut amanda! it looks really great! love the bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Look at your fantastic-ness. How come it didn't look like that when we straightened?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think the bangs make a big difference. Plus you are smiling rather than looking like you are pinching your butt cheeks together...that might have something to do with it looking better also. LMFAO.

    ReplyDelete