What's Goin' On? Check out below

3.11.2009

Just a few more days...

I'm all about trying out new music! Recently there seems to have been an influx of bluesy-artsy-top 40-folk music. I have been using a great new internet based music provider (different post, different day!) that gives you suggestions on artists that are similar to the ones you have on your playlist. While using this fantastic internet radio, I have encountered a lot of new names.

Well, a bunch of these artists are headed to Milwaukee. The tickets were not too expensive, considering they are showcasing three artists at the Pabst Theatre. I've been listening to their music in preparation for the concert and it's a great mix. Mellow, smooth, blues, pop....it's all there. I am really interested in seeing how they transition from one artist to the next. Also, will they be playing together?!? Very cool.



First, Justin Nozuka. He's a New Yorker with a great voice! His big radio hit is "After Tonight" but I have fallen in love with the song showcased below.



********



Next up, Missy Higgins. She's an Australian songstress who has conquered American airwaves. One of her songs was seen on Grey's Anatomy . You may know the song "Warm Whispers" that has shown up on the radio recently.

I haven't been able to find any official videos of her music. But here is a studio recording session. Enjoy!



********


And lastly, Lenka. I just like saying her name...it's fun. A lot of her music is fun and upbeat. She has official videos but they are not embeddable so here is a clip from a late night show. Her big hit, "The Show" is just one of the popular songs on her album.





I can't wait to see all of them on Saturday! I'll report back! In the meantime, check these artists out! They are great!

Photos courtesy: Justin Nozuka, Missy Higgins, Lenka

1 comment:

  1. Are you using Pandora? I'm a fan.

    Speaking of radio, do you listen to radio in Milwaukee? I love that 88.9! Whenever I drive there, I can't wait until I get within range of it. Enjoy the concert on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete