Well, the home season for the MU Warriors {Golden Eagles, if you are picky} is done. Yesterday, they played the Syracuse Orange. It was a sad, sad loss. It was so close!!!! They played hard but not well.
Typically, I don't follow sports closely...but MU basketball, being that the school is my alma mater and something I've grown up with, is an exception. My Dad and I headed out to the game in hopes of a win. The guys needed it after a three game losing streak and the loss of their main point guard, Dominic James, to injury.
I was pretty fired up. I'm a good fan and will shout out a few words of encouragement here and there...but apparently I was taking my fan job seriously yesterday. After the game, which led into overtime, my voice was incredibly hoarse. It was very exciting since they were neck and neck until the last 17 seconds. However, the Orange was just too good and we were not doing our job!
There was a little ceremony to honor the four seniors and of course, we had to stay for that. It will be weird to see what will happen with the team next year with the absence of these guys. Hopefully we still have a few wins ahead of us! GO MU!!!!
Photos courtesy: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/


i had a headache when i left the game from yelling too much (mostly at the refs). it was a very sad loss.
ReplyDeleteThe refs were AWFUL!!! It was such an exciting game though!
ReplyDelete