What's Goin' On? Check out below

4.03.2008

Such A Pretty Face!

So, beauty... such a concept! It's not as easy as we might think to pick apart. We assume those who have it typically know it and use it to their advantage. We fail to realize that even the beautiful may have their own insecurities or question their looks. And though many do not qualify for supermodel status, how often is it that we overlook the other charming qualities? I would speculate that our definitions of beauty tend to hinge upon how we were raised, what level of value was attached to outward beauty and whether or not we have ever felt beautiful. Was the ultimate physical exterior held in higher esteem than the developing character? Do the pretty people really go farther in life? Why is that? Is it an innate quality to believe in and cheer for the more attractive lot?

How often do we stop to look at ourselves and find at least one thing we really like about ourselves? It may sound self-indulgent or cocky; however, I think it is imperative that once in awhile we slow down and take a longer glance in the mirror. It's not about studying features or picking flaws but rather using the reflective surface both physically and spiritually. Do I like what I see overall?

This year, my mom edited a collection of short stories on beauty. Such a Pretty Face explores the many faces of beauty from both male and female perspectives. It is a Young Adult book but I suggest picking it up and checking it out. It can open an adult's eyes to the many issues that still cling like plaque to our self-images. The stories are sweet but real and offer perspectives you might not expect!

So, please check it out...and remember, you are beautiful!



For more books by Ann Angel, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment