What's Goin' On? Check out below

4.27.2008

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Last night, a friend and I went to see a movie for a girl's night out. I had read about Forgetting Sarah Marshall in People magazine recently. It looked mildly entertaining but not one that I would necessarily rush to see. However, due to the timetable we were operating on, we decided to see it. I am glad I did. It was hilarious. I will warn you that you must be okay with immature and vulgar humor in order truly enjoy this movie.

The premise is that Peter is dating Sarah Marshall, a TV star. She breaks up with him (while he's naked...and yes, the audience has proof of Peter's nakedness) for a hippie, English rock star. In order to cope, Peter heads to Hawaii (to a resort that Sarah had always raved about) and runs into her and her new beau. Can you say awkward? Upon his arrival and realization of Sarah's presence, he also meets Rachel, who works at the front desk at the resort. A love triangle/rectangle/polygon begins!

I was surprised at how well this comedy developed the characters. It wasn't your typical slapstick comedy you would expect from Apatow Productions (think 40 Year Old Virgin, Anchorman, Knocked Up). I really felt for Peter and his situation. There are terrific and witty one-liners throughout the entire movie. I do not remember the last time I laughed out loud at a movie like I did during this one. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who can handle some uncomfortable instances but looking for a sweet love story.

Take a look at the trailer below:


Another feature to this film is a blog that was created to help promote it. I briefly glanced at it and found what I read to be hilarious. Check it out by clicking here.

1 comment: