
I may be on a dessert fast but it doesn't mean I can't share one of my favorite dessert recipes. This is a super easy recipe that is delicious. I was introduced to it well over a year ago by Stef. She made it for a summer gathering and I was a bit hesitant. However, the moment this gooey goodness hit my lips, I was in love! It's the perfect blend of sweet and salty that just hits the right spot. It has even become known in some circles as the Thick NRBs.
So, here is the recipe for all of this savory goodness:
(please note: this recipe is not low fat or low calorie! Yet, it is still delicious!)
Nut Roll Bars
Ingredients: 1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 cup melted butter
1 egg (I tend to use egg beaters)
3 cups mini-marshmallows
12 oz. peanut butter chips
1/2 corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
12 oz. cocktail peanuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together cake mix, 1/4 cup butter and egg in a bowl. Then press into a 9 x 13 cake pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Then place mini-marshmallows over baked layer and return to over for 3-4 minutes or until marshmallows puff up.
In a saucepan, melt peanut butter chips, corn syrup, and remaining 1/2 cup butter. Add vanilla. Stir as it heats up. Once it has created a thick caramel sauce, pour over marshmallows and cover with peanuts. Allow to cool before serving.
They will smell amazing, look delicious and taste like heaven!
I have to say, I thought your idea of EggBeaters was ingenious, especially when you need to make them on the go.
ReplyDeleteNRBs, NRBs, NRBs!
I can't wait for the next get together. I think these should be mandatory from now on!