What's Goin' On? Check out below

6.09.2012

School's Out! A-camping we will go!

Grad school classes are done for a bit. School is out. I definitely will miss these kids. It was a great day overall. But, I am happy for SUMMER VACATION. I am taking summer classes and teaching summer school but have a week to decompress.

Steve loves camping, so I was definitely willing to try it out. GUESS what...I loved it!

I haven't camped since I was in 7th grade. All I remember about that camping trip was that I was completely miserable. I was with a friend and her family at Devil's Lake. It was pouring....like hard core pour. We were pretty much imprisoned in the tent and relied on Doritos and Beef Jerky. I vividly remember the musty smell that everything started to take on after day 2 of the trip. Prior to that trip, my family had camped here and there, but it wasn't an annual tradition.

We found a really beautiful site at Pinewoods Campgrounds. It was set back quite a way from other campsites, yet close enough to the bathroom, pit toilets nonetheless! Although I hated hauling all of our gear deep into this campsite, I did love how quiet and secluded it was. We set up and then I plunked myself into the hammock and started to relax.

We ate lots of good food and hiked through some beautiful trails!

The walk into our site.

Steve's setting it all up!


This was all my doing! I was pretty proud of myself.

Sitting by the Fire Station

Our fancy bed in the tent

This hammock has a special power over me. It puts me right to sleep!

Reading with a little mood lighting behind me.

The little lake on the campgrounds.

Steve made a new friend while he got his fishing gear ready.

My handsome guy, tending to the fire.

Summer corn...good stuff!

This was the view on our walk. Gorgeous tree.

We always seem to meet up with chippies!

Baby Turkey.



No comments:

Post a Comment