I finished in my 5th grade back in November. It was hard to leave my kiddos. There were tears (kids too), gifts and lots of hugs. I will have to do a post on my last day! After that, I did some day-to-day subbing in the same district, at various schools. I can now say that I have been in grades 1-5 and of course, 9 from student teaching last year.
In early December, I began another long term sub position in a 4th grade. Originally, my post was scheduled to end on January 23rd. I had subbed one other time for this class in a day-to-day and they were a great bunch. I am learning so much about the minds of 4th graders! They are so fun but can be extremely exhausting at times!
BUT...take a peek at my newest schedule:
Notice all of that pretty blue?? My job has been extended until March 3rd. It's a tad nerve-racking in that I am in charge of planning, grading and such. That's not new to me...but since my assignment wasn't supposed to go this long, I only have the framework for this quarter. Luckily my team has offered to be available for any questions!AND to further the excitement, there's a slight possibility (keep those fingers crossed, dear readers!) that I will have another long term assignment at the same school, same grade, different classroom that would start early March and go for between 6-8 weeks!
If that happens, that means I will have worked almost an entire year in one district!!! There are pros and cons to this gig...but I certainly am pleased at this point! YIPPEE!
Now, if only I could land a job for next year!! Again, if you don't mind...keep those fingers crossed!
That's so exciting, Amanda! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThat's great!
ReplyDeleteSo wonderful when things work out that way...
Thanks, ladies! I do feel so fortunate. I feel like I've just been in the right places at the right times!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Amanda! All of these long term sub jobs are great for getting your foot in the door for a permanent position.
ReplyDeleteHey - info for you... we have a 4th grade retirement coming up at the end of this year. I'll keep you posted!
ReplyDelete