What's Goin' On? Check out below

1.28.2012

This Week in Review - 1.23-1.28

Sunday was a nice little day. The day started with a visit to my Grandma  (more on that soon). After that, Steve and I caught Mission Impossible IV: Ghost Protocol matinee by way of some free tickets I scored from my one of my students last year. It was pretty good; a bit too long for my liking. As we often do on Sundays, we stopped by my parents' house for Angel Sunday Dinner. We were spoiled with two types of lasagna, garlic bread, veggies, and great company. I brought along the cobbler I had made Saturday night. Thankfully, no one cared that there were a few spoonfuls missing!

This week started out hectic and ended the same way. It leads me to ask...when will I ever feel caught up? Is it an actual possibility? Do people get to "caught up" and celebrate with sundaes and streamers? I'm just curious...incentive, maybe?

I do think that the cold that has weaseled its way into my system might be to blame for my lack of energy this week. I've been pretty diligent about taking my vitamins (albeit gummy ones), Vitamin D, Mucinex D, and some probiotic that is taking up space in my fridge. Even so, I've finally caught the bug. My voice is starting to sound less like Kathleen Turner after a power drag, so that's fancy. I knew going into this week that it was going to be a tough one.

I started my last two classes of my masters program this week. After these two are done, all I have left is my thesis. I make that sound so easy. All I have left is this humongous research-based book that I'd like to have completed prior to the BIG day. These classes meet for three hours on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I'm not loving this so much as I had become accustomed to the online format (read: the freedom to procrastinate more intensely) and find it hard to be back in a classroom after a full day of teaching. I will make it through...I hope... and will be the wiser for it. The classes truly apply to what I'm doing in my classroom and on the committees I serve on; that's helpful, at least.

Today was deep clean day and homework day. I managed to get a whole bunch done but still have piles of things to do. Again, does anyone really ever achieve "catching up"?
Can you say Saturday Fun?

Lowpoints of the week:  Feeling overwhelmed by all of the new adventures on my path. Also feeling like a pickax buried itself in the middle of my forehead. Love those sinuses...first issue in 6 months!
Highpoints of the week:  Booking tickets to Austin in February. Learning that one of my student's favorite activities of the week was the work we did on topic sentences. Who knew those could be fun? It's a totally random highpoint but well worth it. Also, having one of my students who struggles in Math rock at fractions this week. She was such a star!

More to come later! Goodnight, fine friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment