What's Goin' On? Check out below

2.19.2009

Panini Party

Monday brought a night in. Time to use what's in the cupboards and play around with the panini maker. In the past, we haven't branched out in the "trying new things" category of paninis. However, I was feeling bold and decided to try a new recipe. Now, some of you may think this is not bold...but to me it was a new combo, so give me some credit.

Dijon mustard mixed with Light mayo. Crusty bread that was on the verge of becoming a doorstop due to it's almost-stale state. Colby-jack cheese. I do think cheddar cheese would have been better...but it was a pull from the pantry night. And then, green apples. Oh, the bacon too. Forgot about that. We don't eat a lot of bacon around here but it was quite good on the sandwich!

The cheese.

Crisp, green apples. The flash created a very vibrant result, wouldn't you say?

Melted goodness

Final product (with ingredient identification...)

It was a delicious taste...the apples made this very fresh! Next time, I wouldn't use as much mustard. I am not typically a dijon fan and this really brought that flavor out.

Any other panini suggestions?

1 comment: