What's Goin' On? Check out below

11.04.2008

We Made History!


WOW! It's an incredibly overwhelming feeling to be a part of such a groundbreaking change for our country! Congratulations, Senat...{ahem} President (elect) Obama!

As I discussed with my 5th graders today, it is so important to remember that this man is just that. He's a man with a heart and feelings. He is a husband, father, son and friend. It is imperative that even if your beliefs do not align with his party or ideologies, you are bound by (at the very least) a tenuous strand encompassing the human condition. So, before you say harsh words or spew words of doubt, stop and think about this simple fact.

Whether you voted for Obama or not, it's important to move forward {an idea suggested by Sen. John McCain} as a united front with our new leader. I am so proud to be a part of this country ! Both men handled the results of one of our country's most controversial elections with grace and dignity. Truly inspiring!!!

"...while we breathe, we hope..."
"...our stories are singular, but our destinies are shared."

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I was choked up last night watching the results, speeches and reactions. I feel like we've never seen anything this positively momentous in politics in our lifetime. Aren't the Obama's such a cute family? Love that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post. I am going to link to it in my blog...hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderfully said. I had been trying to come up with something that was as poignant and addressed both sides with respect, but you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete