What's Goin' On? Check out below

11.22.2008

Jason


Mr. M-R-A-Z was amazing. He was totally fun and interacted with the crowd, which is always a huge plus in my book! I ♥ him on his CDs but him live is incredible! AND he's hot. Seriously. He was sporting his little hat and decked out in his kinda clingy t-shirt and jeans. There were a few songs missing from his lineup but I suppose I can't blame him for not playing every single song (although I kind of do because I could have listened to him all night long)

My friend and I were trying to be proactive. We parked quite far from the concert venue in hopes of missing the inevitable traffic jam after the show was done. It was a brisk walk but fine by me. As we approached the line that snaked around the building, I was fascinated by the number of girls who were wearing these skimpy tank tops without a coat. Boy, did I feel old, tsking them in my mind. But REALLY...it was freezing out. I have to wonder if they were hoping by wearing their sequin/silk/lace tank tops if Jason was going to spot them and whisk them away to become his newest flame. Interesting.

Another part of the evening that had me questioning my age was that we were perfectly content to settle in the back of the hall, against a wall to watch the concert. Even there, we were still closer to him than at most venues. I was comfortable, except for the section of the evening (read: at least 30 minutes) where I was en pointe because tall people (may I remind you I am 5'4") kept stopping right in front of me. Whatever, I made it work.

Anyhow, we had a few train-whistlers by us to round out the night. You know, the kind of people who have that shrill, paint-peeling whistle who feel the need to repeat the whistle over and over and over!?! At one point, a woman also leaning against the wall threw ice at the train-whistler, which I thought for sure would incite a beatdown. Thankfully she was so drunk she did not even notice!

One of my favorite parts of the night was when we had a couple in their mid-50s sidle up into our wall space. The woman was dressed up in her "mom jeans" (if you need an explanation, please click here) and her man had on a turtleneck ensemble that just looked awkward. I was amazed when Mom-Jeans was keeping up with the lyrics while Jason sang...impressive. She was friendly in that she struck up a conversation, asking about different songs. She was very worried that he wouldn't play her favorite Mraz song, "Butterfly". Now, for those of you who do not know this song, do not be deceived. The title generates ideas of a sweet ballad, when in fact, true to form, it is laden with honey-dripping innuendo. OR it's just plain sassy. And this woman, who screamed when he finally played it, knew EVERY SINGLE WORD. Cool...maybe...disturbing...maybe.

Overall, it was well worth the $38.05 ticket. The only drawback was the secondhand smoke hangover I am experiencing today. GROSS.

For your viewing/listening pleasure:
This video was taken during the Milwaukee concert. How fun!!



Here's another one of my forever favs (and yes, I know you've seen it posted here before!):



{photo courtesy: jasonmraz.com; video courtesy: Juliet19 and Hethler on YouTube)

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna get me some of those mom jeans -- is there a website to order them?

    ReplyDelete