I have been a bit lackadaisical with posting in order lately! My apologies! Here are a few pictures from the first weekend in September. On a sunny Sunday, I joined my gal pals Stef and Laura for breakfast and a walk in Waukesha. Of course, Lil Max joined our troupe. We started off at The Steaming Cup in downtown Waukesha. It is a cute little coffee shop with delicious fare. I had an egg sandwich dealio that I remember being delicious but can't remember enough to share the savory ingredients.
Lil Max isn't quite sure what to make of The Steaming CupAfter a filling breakfast, we headed out to Frame Park for a nice jaunt around the Fox River. As we walked, we caught up on life and introduced Max to geese and ducks hanging on the edge of the river. We assisted Laura in brainstorming baby names for her little bundle. She has finally hit the stage where she looks pregnant; making the whole thing more real. Her little girl is so lucky to have the parents she does! The names we threw around were across the board - some funny, some actual possibilities - and it seems like talking out all of the options helped Laura decide which ones she liked best. I will wait until Baby G is here before revealing her pretty name!
After our walk, Stef and I headed back to the Angel abode to join my mom for the Mount Mary College Starving Artist show. It's an annual art show that hosts numerous artists with their wares. We saw some amazing pottery, photography, textiles, jewelry and painting. My favorite pottery was from Ayers Gallery. It was gorgeous! However, I had to keep telling myself that I have no need for anything until I have a place of my own! I tend to forget how much I have in storage!
Mom checking out the show.Upon return from the show, Lil Max met a new friend in my room. This doll is mine from my MamaLu. I still have it and hope to pass it on someday. In the meantime, why not let the little guy hang with her. I suppose this could be a trial for future siblings...







What a great rehashing of a fun weekend!!! I had a blast hanging with you and Laura, and then you and your mom later at the art fair. My bread baker works great too! :)
ReplyDeleteI think this post includes all my favorite things: coffee, breakfast, art fairs and geese.
ReplyDelete