What's Goin' On? Check out below

2.28.2012

Work It Out ~ Update Time!


Falling off the Wagon and Climbing Back on....
 Now, many of you know how hard this can be. I was doing a pretty decent job of working out 6 days a week, walking at least 2 and eating much better. With the change of my schedule and more after school responsibilities, I've been less inclined to get home and do that workout. My eating has been fueled by emotion lately...and the worst part is that I am aware of it!


I can feel my body's changes from the lack of consistent workouts in the last two weeks. It starts to ignite fear that I'll gain back the 13 pounds I gained, but also sends me straight to a jar of marshmallow fluff with a spoon. Okay, that might be exaggeration...or is it? In all honesty, we don't have marshmallow fluff in the house. :(


Anyhow, I need to get back on the bandwagon. I've been more tired, irritable and I feel my confidence slipping. I feel gross, so am not as cuddly or huggy as usual because feel like I'm kind of disgusting. **all in my head!**


I've made it 13 pounds, which means, to reach my goal I have about 17 left. [After TX, maybe it's back to 19 pounds to lose!] I have to keep my eye on the prize. 


How do I do this in a way that is more manageable?

Emotions/Thoughts: It's been a rough month with the start of grad school classes and a spike in responsibilities or events at school that require extra time out of school. Even though I am no longer tracking calories by writing them down, I try to make smart choices. I still have dessert or something sweet most days, but I don't go out of control. I am still working on not making getting down on myself if I have something delicious that may not be the healthiest. I want to see more progress, faster, but I have to remember I need to be healthy.  

Goal(s) for next month:Workout more. With grad school going late and conferences at school I can't keep the schedule set out by the Biggest Loser game I was playing. It's a good workout, but for me, is still difficult and I don't even have it close to the hardest level. I'd like to vary my workouts.Steve did buy me some dance games and Zumba for the Kinect, which I definitely need to check out. I was walking in the morning but with my schedule right now, I've been burning the candle at both ends. I've been in bed around 11/12 and getting up about 4:30-5 when I'm walking. Not enough sleep! Goal: More working out, even if it's for just a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, don't get so down on yourself! You lost the SAME amount of weight this month as you did last month...and you look great, it really shows!! I am so proud of you, with everything you have going on in your life. I think this month, your 'realizations' make me the most proud, however. In order for weight loss/diet to be a LIFELONG thing, it has to be a sustainable thing...and I think working out 6 times a week (sometimes twice a day) is NOT sustainable...especially once you start a family, or other stresses come into your life. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that you have made real, palpable progress that you should be proud of!! ( I also think 130 is a bit low for a goal weight, but that is just me). :)

    ReplyDelete