What's Goin' On? Check out below

3.17.2012

Happy Birthday, my love!

Steve was a St. Patty's Day baby.  Since his birthday falls during his busy season, he doesn't get to really celebrate to the level he'd like. This year, his special day fell on a Saturday, which you think would be great, but he had to work. When the alarm sounded around 6, I mumbled a quiet "Happy Birthday" and he rubbed his eyes, saying "Thanks" as he tumbled out of bed. 

Since it was a Saturday, he told me to go back to sleep. I tucked myself back under our cozy comforter. But little did he know, I had a plan! I got up as soon as I heard the shower running, and quickly whipped up the streamers on his office door, where his clothes are housed. Then in that short amount of time, I was blowing up and tying off green balloons. I can only imagine how ridiculous I looked blowing up each balloon and running into his office and tossing them in there and running back. Emerson was thoroughly amused by this whole process!

I realize it is a small recognition of his birthday; but, from the grin he had on his face when he saw it I knew it meant a lot. I am so lucky that this guy was born and that we found our way to one another. He's amazing! 




Posted late...sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment