What's Goin' On? Check out below

4.17.2012

Bravery...sort of

Bravery comes in all forms. This year I showed my braver side by agreeing to take part in a school assembly. BMX Biker/Trick Artist Matt Wilhelm came to our school to talk about bullying. To show off one of his tricks, he needed a few teacher volunteers. My students were ready to send me off to the chopping blocks! So, I obliged and found myself lying down between two other teachers, waiting for Mr. Wilhelm to jump over us on his bike. Awesome. I thought I was going to crap my pants the first time he practiced in front of us, nearly taking our heads off. The second time, he actually sailed over us, using no ramp to initiate his jump. It was scary, but I survived! There was a video attempt made by one of my students...I'll have to see if I can dig it up!

Next up on the bravery train...skydiving.  Steve and I agreed that we both wanted to try this, even though it really kind of scares me.  So, the deal is that once we both lose the 30 pounds we are fighting off of us, we will jump from a plain together. Holy yikes.

I suggested that maybe we do this after the wedding! I would hate to spend all of this time and planning to find myself hobbling down the aisle in a beautiful gown with two black eyes and a backbrace, simply because we wanted to test our bravery.

I'll keep you posted on how and IF this goes!

In other news...less than 6 months to the big day!!  :) 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow -- that is super cool! Not that I would EVER even CONSIDER it .... but I give you guys total props for putting it on your list!

    I'll come cheer you on (from the ground). OKAY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are nuts! I applaud you and hope you do, but nuts! :) Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete