What's Goin' On? Check out below

2.27.2012

And...we're back!

So, I've been a bit absent on here the last few weeks. I think it's been about 10 days, which, considering the lengthy stretches between posts last year, seems like no big deal. I promised I would try to be more of a frequent blogger.

Since I last blogged, we had Valentine's Day, conferences, mid-winter day off of school, a trip to TX and a little fall of the wagon.

First, Valentine's Day. This is my second V-day with Steve. My,  how time flies! Last year, one of my co-workers was so tickled that he sent me flowers, she determined right then and there that I was going to marry him. Well, lo and behold, her intuition was spot-on. As the initial-few-months-in-wooing is no longer on the horizon, I didn't expect much in the way of gifts. We hadn't talked about it really and so, I guess I assumed it wasn't happening! I, did, however, prepare for it...just in case and had a gift card to one of his stores ready to go. I am much more into giving cards...so, I ended up writing out numerous Valentine cards for my valentine and leaving them around the condo so that he'd find them at certain times.

With grad school on Tuesday and Wednesday nights and Steve's busy season in full swing, I knew that we wouldn't be up for heading out on the actual day, so went about the day as usual. I figured any celebrating would be done later in the week when we had time and could actually SEE each other! However, as I was making copies near the office, a local flower company was in delivering flowers. I love seeing the bouquets people get so was peeking through the doorway, when the woman signing for them said, "Oh, she's right here! I'll give them to her now!" I looked behind me and realized I was standing alone. That's right! They were for me. A gorgeous bouquet of red roses and white mini calla lillies. I am truly spoiled!



In between night classes, teaching, and Parent-Teacher conferences, Steve and I managed to celebrate on the 17th at Louise's. It was a nice night out together. It didn't hurt that we had a gift card too!

On Saturday, the 18th, we headed down to the Milwaukee Public Museum for their Food & Froth Event. It's an event where local vendors set up shop. It's primarily beer...which I don't care for, so I was merely along for the experience. We met up with Steve's friends Gus and Tony. I had never met them before, so the night was full of fun! As inappropriate people tend to do, Gus and I found something that made our more mature sides surface, pinning down the fact that Steve has nothing to worry about...we got along just fine!


After the museum, we headed to Tosa for a little time in Leff's Luckytown, which confirmed just how old I really am. I also introduced Steve to the world of George Webb's. Imagine my shock when he mentioned he had never been there! Crazy!

Up next: Little Oaties (divine), TX, and Falling off the Healthy Wagon and my attempts to climb back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment