Sunday:
Fun: Lazy day hanging together, enjoying our last day of vacation before Steve headed back to work for the week. We started day one of a four day new recipe trend. Steve made some of the most delicious fresh bruschetta, loaded with garlic, tomatoes, onions (yep, I ate them!) and basil from our herb garden. Yum! I was being lazy but it was different, so we are counting it as a new recipe. So, anyhow, we just made spaghetti and topped it with Arrabiata sauce from World Market. It definitely had a kick. I grated fresh Parmesan off the block. It was delicious. We decided to throw in the extra bruschetta topping to thicken it up a bit.
Monday:
Fun: I bought my wedding dress! LOVE. It's similar to this, but with minor modifications to make me feel more comfortable in it. Ideally, I would look like her in the dress, but not so much. I have a good year's time to whittle my waist down an inch and a half. I will say we've been making more conscious decisions on portion sizes and such.
*Photo removed* Just in case...
Also fun, that night Steve and I continued our cooking adventure. We had a delicious take on a Rachael Ray recipe for Southwest Turkey Burgers. We added a little avocado on top. They were great! We had some of the freshest corn on the cob and SWEETEST cantaloupe ever. It was terrific. We sat on the balcony and enjoyed the cool summer evening.
NOT-SO-FUN: A visit to the GP to review all of my blood work results and to determine if I was cleared for sinus surgery Friday. Who loves stepping on the scale and sitting in a small, sterile room for 20 minutes? Not this girl. Anyhow, slight increase in my weight I'm blaming the fact that I had everything, including shoes and we just got back from two weeks of delicious vacation foods. Oh, you didn't know? I only learned this recently...calories don't really count on vacation! RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. Anyhow, I learned that I'm doing well! Blood counts, blood sugar, and Cholesterol numbers are all where they should be! Due to being over 30 years old, they did an EKG to make sure I didn't have any abnormal heartbeat patterns.
Question: Does it bug you when professionals mispronounce words they probably use on a consistent basis? It does bother me to no end. Now, I'm not going to say I don't mispronounce things, at times. However, the nurse who was administering the EKG kept saying they were checking for "ab-nawr-mil-tees". She kept missing a syllable (it should be ab-nawr-mahl-i-tees) and it took everything in me to not correct her. Must be that my teacher brain never shuts off!
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! You'll be the most beautiful bride!
ReplyDelete