What's Goin' On? Check out below

7.17.2011

And More...


Tuesday:
This day was pretty much an all fun day except for one event...which was brought on by my own doing.

First, I went to my parents with every intention of swimming laps. Well, that didn't so much happen. I also wanted to get a little color on my pasty skin. So, I lathered up with SPF 8 (save the lectures! I already know!), sat outside and chatted with my mom while paging through Brides magazine. So many fun ideas! I also had the chance to chat with a good friend who moved to AZ in June. It was great to catch up! I love me some pool days!

That night's recipe came from my mom. I had extra buns and ground beef to use and I didn't want to do hamburgers, so I made a Sloppy Joe recipe that I've never had before but my mom was raving. I am not a huge fan of Sloppy Joes but figured it was a good way to use the leftover buns to save them from Round Two of freezing. This particular recipe had beef, celery, onion, green pepper, chopped green olives (I am not a fan, but chopped them REALLY small), and then the BBQ type sauce. It was really, really good. Steve liked it enough that he ate it the next day, cold! As a side dish, I just cut up tomatoes and cucumbers and tossed them in a balsamic vinaigrette. Nice, cold salad for a warm night.

Again, we took advantage of another beautiful night and ate on the balcony. It was great to just sit and talk. We are in the process of putting together the guest list. Man, it's hard to keep weddings small. Originally we were thinking maybe just 75 people but it's growing by leaps and bounds. The tentative list we started will be pared. I will say wedding planning can be a teensy bit stressful! It's hard to make everyone happy, while maintaining what we really want. From what I've been told, this is the most difficult or stressful part of planning. We'll see. We have to find just the right venue too...

Steve has been amazingly supportive and just gave me a big hug after a little crying bout. It hurt, though, because I was a LOBSTER. I was so, so, so red. Apparently, the time I HAD spent in the sun prior to this day was not enough. I put on lotion but I suppose SPF 8 is not worth much on a hot, hot day! I think steam was coming off my body.

Then, it was off to Stef's for a walk. It was wonderful to get out and walk and talk. We did just under 5 miles. I shared about my trips and she shared how selling/buying a house is like dating! Too funny.

The best part of this evening was that I spoke to both my sister, Stevi, and Stef about being my MOHs. One is a maid, the other a matron. Both accepted and I am VERY excited about this. Like I said, our hope is to keep our wedding fairly small, so the wedding party is going to be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment