What's Goin' On? Check out below

6.22.2011

Quick Update!

Time flies! We are halfway through 2011 and yet again, I haven't posted! Eek.

Well, holy moly, a lot has changed! In reading my last post, I was amazed at how different my life is right now. It's been a whirlwind 6 months, but a beautiful one at that! I don't know the last time I was this excited and comfortable with my life. I am HAPPY. I know that there will always be things I'd like to change (my incessant worrying, losing 20 pounds, getting in shape) but right now life is pretty sweet.

What has happened in the last 6 months: I PROMISE to get more detailed with each of these...but had to chronicle them now!

-Went on a date that ended in food poisoning and an urgency in quitting the dating scene.
-Went on another date with a new man that far surpassed expectations!
-Followed that date with a series of incredibly fun and easy dates that were filled with laughter, deep talks, romance, and honesty.
-Fell head over heels with an amazing man...and fast. This knocked a lot of my cynicism right out of my system. I never thought you could feel the way I feel so fast, but I guess I was proven wrong!
-Amazing man and I share so many interests, one being travel. So, we booked a bunch of trips and looked forward to seeing how we travel together. (SUCCESS...we rock together.)
-We head to Oregon for our first trip together. I wish we didn't have to come back! It was MUCH too short!
-Got engaged at the top of Angel's Rest in Oregon. *sigh*
-Amazing Man and I combine our households with no issue...we are still impressed at how easy it was! He and Emerson are still working out things, but besides that...it's been great!
-We headed to Arizona to celebrate the wedding of one of my dearest friends!
-I finished my second full year at Pewaukee, teaching 5th grade. It was a long year but very rewarding!
-My birthdaughter came to visit and stay with us for a few days. She and my love hit it off swimmingly! Hooray! It was exhausting but WONDERFUL!
-Had another book talk to discuss adoption. It was a small audience but still very impactful to hear stories from our participants.
-Summer has begun!

To come:
-Heading to NYC for a Writing Conference at Columbia college
-Amazing Man and I are meeting up in PA to visit his family, see Colonial Williamsburg, and Kitty Hawk.
-Sinus Surgery (ick)
-Minnesota Visit to see my sister
-Weddings galore! I think we have 3 or 4 in the next two months. Phew!

It's going to be a busy go at it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO giddy for you. Stef has kept us informed of your wonderful new man, and I'm just thrilled that you found that perfect-for-you guy. You totally deserve it.

    Say hello to WIlliamsburg for me when you're there. THat's where I grew up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melanie! It's been quite amazing! Truly, I feel so lucky...especially when my family and friends like him too! :)

    Your family is beautiful! It looks like Nolan is really loving having Holland around!

    ReplyDelete