What's Goin' On? Check out below

8.14.2009

Summer Travels -- Part 1

Ah, Madtown...

It was Juder Girl's Weekend well over a month ago but I still feel like I owe a post to commemorate the time spent together. As some of you readers know, three of my oldest (as in I've known them a long, long time ~ not as in they are so OLD) try to get together for a girl's weekend every 6 months or so. We decided this summer's adventure would take us to Madison.

A little background on how I know these lovely ladies:

Christy and I met each other in kindergarten and bonded over a puzzle. We went to "Florida" together in our kindergarten world. We cried over the phone after learning we would be in separate second grades (so emotional!). We have known each other for over 25 years! That's mind-boggling to me. Just like the other gals, she is still someone I hold near and dear!

I met Dria and Gina in 3rd grade after switching schools. They became fast friends and we have many, many, many memories from grade school, high school, and beyond. Christy joined the Juder crew in 6th grade, rounding out this fabulous foursome of friends for life!

I honestly feel so lucky to still have these gals as friends. It's wonderful to watch how much we grow and change as the years pass by. Yet, each of us still has tendencies and qualities that are identifiable from years back.

Gina did a wonderful job of recapping the weekend's events here. Yes, I am really being that lazy!!! I did want to add in some of my pictures for memory's sake.

ALSO ~~ a big CONGRATS to Dria and her husband Chris who welcomed their bundle of joy, Ryder Thomas Setter about a month after our weekend in Madison. He is so handsome and I look forward to meeting him!!!

The capitol building

Christy and I still find ways to entertain ourselves...

I will say this, we do have very active imaginations. We had an entire plot line worked out. The custodian was in cahoots with the animals...not good.

Trying to keep cool at Art on the Square.
Gina, me, and Dria
Apparently I forget to take my glasses off during these pics every year! I'll learn someday!

Christy, Gina, and Dria

*This photo was stolen from Gina but it was a good one of us! Do you blame me?*

No comments:

Post a Comment