What's Goin' On? Check out below

8.09.2009

Golden Oldies

As I cleaned my shelves to take books in to my new classroom (another post to follow on this subject!), I came across a purchase I made last year. Funny enough, I had a blog drafted about these books almost exactly a year ago. So, may as well follow up and publish my post!

When I was young, I had these books and wore them out from constant reading. With the deal I found on these last year, I couldn't hold back! Perhaps one day I will have a few kiddos of my own that will enjoy these classic stories!



Golden Books.
*The Poky Little Puppy
*Tootle
*The Saggy Baggy Elephant
*Tawny Scrawny Lion
*Scuffy the Tugboat
*The Shy Little Kitten


Along with the classic Golden Book stories, the next one was one of the Angel Family favorites. Nick and I used to make my mom read this over and over and over to our younger brother and sister so that we could hear it! She always took on this great character voice which always made it that much better!!!



Monster at the End of this book
(Photos: www.barnesandnoble.com)

8 comments:

  1. I also loved The Monster at the End of This Book! I, too, own that book in addition to the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a sequel?!?!? I need to find that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all of those books and I still have The Monster at the End of this Book too. I also have the sequel, Another Monster at the End of this Book, which includes Elmo. Classics! I bought a copy of The Pokey Little Puppy for Cooper too because it was always one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sequel's called Another Monster at the End of This Book. Grover is joined by Elmo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the Pokey Little Puppy to Nina all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Golden Books, I distinctly remember when I sold them at a rummage sale when I was little. Wish I would've kept them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I have mine anymore either, should check with my mom. What wonderful memories this brought back though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It appears that I am in a long line of people who also adored the Monster at the end of this Book.

    Aww... Grover...

    ReplyDelete