What's Goin' On? Check out below

12.14.2008

Sunday Thoughts

As I waded through receipts today I was quickly reminded how expensive postage is nowadays! Holy cats! It almost makes me entirely rethink sending out Christmas cards. Yet, I love to send mail too much, so it is fairly easy to ward off the inner miser.

New Flash: I was putzing around instead of being diligently productive today. **gasp** I say this as though it's a new behavior when those who know me are already aware of my innate ability to procrastinate on the easiest of tasks. I would say this translates to plain lazy...but I did get my day started at 6:45 this morning(after a bout of insomnia last night)and managed to get some stuff done. Let's take a look at what I accomplished:
  • Drove my sister to work, bright and a little too early on a Sunday morning ~ 7:10
  • Stopped at my Dad's office to make sure everything is in order while they are in sunny FL. This trip triggered a mental to-do list while I was there to find some extra Christmas items (tree skirt, gift labels, card holder) and bring them home.
  • Found songs for my Holiday Mix playlist at the bottom of this blog. Can I tell you I am sort of in love with Sufjan Stevens today. He's no Jason Mraz, but his voice is so soothing. There are a lot of fun holiday tunes on the playlist that I had never heard of before...take a gander.
  • 4 loads of laundry, folded and put away (There is nothing like fresh sheets to start your week out right!)
  • Checked receipts against statement and then filed them
  • Facebooked (sad addiction)
  • Changed my blog layout ~ those of you not on reader can appreciate it! I taught myself how to put a new banner that is sporting one of my pics. I am by no means computer savvy so it made me feel very smart!
  • Organized Christmas gifts and have them all in one spot, ready to be wrapped
  • Put out the tree skirt which Emerson has claimed as his new bed!
  • Dusted. I abhor dusting.
  • Picked my sister up from work and dragged her to Sendiks
  • Grocery shopped
  • Found a use for felt squares stolen from Stef's scrap bin. Although they would make a great winter bikini...I found a different use for them!
  • Made lunch for tomorrow ~ steamed vegetables...working on whole "trying to eat better" thing. I am sure the Brummel & Brown I plopped in there isn't keeping it as healthy as it could be!
  • Reread and reviewed Science and Math lesson plans for tomorrow. As a means to prove that I am not a complete slacker, I want to inform you that my lesson plans for this week were done, in pretty good detail, by last week Thursday...so that's helpful.
Here are the things I still need/want to accomplish tonight:
  • Grade Math tests
  • Finish my Book Club book, The Shack
  • Finish writing out my last little stack of Christmas cards ~ I don't send them until all are done. There are a lot of people I want to wish happiness and joy to this year!
  • Work on my felt project
  • Return some overdo email responses. Sorry, guys!
  • Go to bed at a decent hour. After last night's insomnia, I'm aiming for 10 or 10:30!
Here's a topic: Christmas cards that contain letters.

I ♥love♥ these simply because I am a curious person and enjoy updates! I am always intrigued by what people will share in these letters. Lately, I have been tempted to write one for my cards. Give me a little time and I will have a rough copy on here for you to add suggestions. I would say watch for that within the next week.

In the meantime, I was thinking that if you can't afford to send out the old-fashioned snail mail type cards...here's a great solution! All you need is a selection of family pictures. You can then create a Christmas greeting that spreads a little cheer! The nice thing about this site is that you have a few choices. You can head back to the swing era, get down to the funky disco groove or kick your spurred heels up with a little country ditty!

Take a look. I was in tears I was laughing so hard. Although, I was running on 3-1/2 hours of sleep, so my judgment may have been a tad impaired! Here we go!

Send your own ElfYourself eCards


Or maybe a disco feel:

Send your own ElfYourself eCards


A little bit country:

Send your own ElfYourself eCards


So, now the big question. Is it creepy that I am dancing with my cat? Does that make me a cat lady? Should I begin looking for a condemned house I can move into and keep hundreds of cats? Sometimes I worry that my cat lady jokes are becoming self-fulfilled prophecy.

*I honestly put Emerson's face in as a joke...I'm not really turning into a cat lady. At least I don't think I am! ::sigh::

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the use for the felt squares!

    And WHO KNEW that Emerson was such a GOOD dancer?? Not me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. Your list of things accomplished makes me feel like a lazy baffoon. (I wanted to use that word all day.)

    And ironically, my friend sent me a jibjab of her and HER cat dancing, so I guess you're ok. For now.

    ReplyDelete