What's Goin' On? Check out below

6.27.2008

I've Been Tagged

I was tagged by: Gina Gab

Here are the New Rules:

1.Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2.Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others that you like and tell why.
3.Tag random people at the end of post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Well, here's the thing...I have been reminded on many occasions that I should be embarrassed by my music collection. However, I love music and my taste is varied. I quite enjoy my CDs. *No, I do not own an iPod, MP3 or any other device like that. So here is a list of some selections (I didn't keep it just to songs...sorry for being the rule breaker!) I have been told to be embarrassed about:

1.
Celine Dion. I know she is a diva but the woman can sing. She's a bit dramatic but I'm not watching her. I am listening...so it's all good. It's sappy music appropriate for this sappy gal.

2.
Musicals. Give me a little slack. I was a theatre major! That being said, I am hardly as well-versed in musical songs as some of my other friends. However, I do love belting along (or trying to) with a big showstopper in my car. Windows down. I know, I know...can you believe how much I live on the edge?

3.
Time to Say Goodbye by Sarah Brightman. This is a truly beautiful song. I admit to also singing this aloud in my car with operatic flair. I do have to get pretty loud to hit some of those notes! Stef has been witness to this massacre.

4.
Karen Carpenter. My love for her melancholy tunes started in 3rd grade after watching a Made-for-TV movie in Sr. Angela's class. Sr. Angela also assigned many Carpenter songs for my voice lessons. I thought it was so cool that she, too, was an alto. From that point on, I wanted to be her; so I memorized many, many songs. Gina, the fab friend who tagged me, shared in my Karen mania...we were so weird! A few favs: Superstar, All of my Life, I'm on Top of the World (well, that one makes me laugh more than anything....ah, memories).

5.
I'm Blue by Eiffel 65. Let me begin by saying there are times that this song does annoy me...but others where it sets my toes a-tappin'. I have memories associated with this song that make me laugh. Good ol' Pier One.

I am tagging: Stef, Trish, Kevin and Lori

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks booger, I've posted mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of those songs/artists too! I guess I have embarrassing taste in music too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that Sarah Brightman song too.

    ReplyDelete