What's Goin' On? Check out below

5.01.2008

Guilty Pleasure!

As a "Sex & the City" fan, I feel it is my duty to relish in the fact that the Fabulous Four are headed to the big screen! At the pinnacle of the show's success on HBO, I declared I would never watch such a mindless, smutty soap opera. However, by some twist of fate, my sister-in-law bought me two seasons one Christmas (after the show had been off the air for about a year) thinking that I was a huge fan. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I had never seen an episode. Thanks, Nicole!

Fast forward three months. I was sitting in my little apartment in Door County, watching snow pile up on my patio, bored out of my mind. I had just worked a double at the restaurant and had the next day off. I perused my video collection and was unmoved by the usual selection. And then...all of a sudden...on the bottom shelf - there it was!!! Season 2 of SATC sat there still nestled in its snug cellophane jacket. I remember thinking, "Oh, what the heck! What else is there to watch?" POP. My nail pierced the seam and off came the cellophane. I popped it in and watched with an open mind.

Needless to say, a SATCphile was born! I was instantly hooked. Shamefully, I will admit that I watched both seasons that weekend. The weeknights following were dotted with SATC episodes rented from the local video store. The show was fascinating, funny, crude and WONDERFUL. I have favorite characters and episodes that I often revisit!

I heard a movie was being made but didn't believe all of the hype. And then I saw the preview! I am so excited to see it! It's my guilty indulgence (along with all sweets). I know that it attracts a certain demographic and I am a proud member! In honor of the big movie release, a group of my gal pals and I are getting dressed up, going to the movie and then out for cosmos afterward! It should be a terrifically fun evening. I am really looking forward to having a reason to get gussied up, as it's not really common practice for me! Below is the preview that has millions of women glued to their movie theatre seats!


1 comment:

  1. I hate to disappoint, but I just couldn't love that show. I'll be passing on the girly night. thanks for the invite, though!

    ReplyDelete