What's Goin' On? Check out below

7.30.2012

Left, Right, Left...Attention!

I mentioned in my last post that I would provide some commentary on the other component of my workout changes. Strength conditioning. I've NEVER enjoyed this part of the process, but I'm trying to have an appreciation for it. I know that if I build up my muscle, workouts will yield a higher calorie burn.

Let's be honest, a gym full of sweaty, athletic people is not my scene. So, I choose to do my running at my parents on the treadmill and strength training at home. That way, I'm not as self-conscious (although no one in the gym would care) and can grunt and cry when I need to!

Bluefin is the creator of the Ease into 5K app and I loved it, so I decided to check out their Boot Camp app. Well, it's not my favorite;to be fair, I know that I've given it much of a chance. The word that comes to mind when I think of it would be cumbersome.

Every time I'd start it up, I would feel anxious, like I didn't know what I was doing and couldn't really tell how to do some of the exercises. The program does offer a tutorial to see how to do each exercise, but some of them did not make sense to me.

On a walk, I explained this situation to two of my friends who have been really awesome at turning their lives around with healthy eating and exercise habits that are performed with diligence and perseverance. They both have been using the Nike Training Club app (which was free!) and feel that it is a great workout.

Just the display itself is nicer and the exercises show an actual person doing them, so I can visually interpret how to move my own body. I have yet to try it. Tomorrow I'll start it out!

Here is an example of the display:



In other news:
I also purchased the Bridge to 10K app. My goal is to redo the 5K program, but at faster speeds and then to move into the 10K program. We shall see. I'm on week 7 of the 8-week program.

Photos courtesy of:
facebook.com

adorninc.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment