The first of the newest babies over the last few months is my godson's new baby brother, Sam. Born April 17th at 2:56 a.m. He was 7 pounds, 5 ounces and 20" long.
Now, you know Max (almost three! where does the time go?) is my best buddy and we have a special Aunty Minda/Lil Max bond.
Anyhow, back to Sam ~seriously, this kid is already at 4 months showing what a cool cat he is going to be when he grows up. He's laid back, smiley, and has a laugh like you wouldn't believe. And did I mention he is incredibly handsome? Dark hair, little pinchable cheeks, and long eyelashes. Once these boys grow up, the ladies are going to have to watch out. They are going to be heartbreakers!
I feel very blessed because not only do I have the honor of being Max's godmother but I was present at Sam's birth. It was one of the most incredible experiences I've had. I felt like a proud mother watching my best friend handle contractions, labor, and delivery like it was another item on her to-do list. She made it look easy and miraculous. I was in charge of videotaping the birth which did make me nervous at first. What if I couldn't hold the camera steady? What if I passed out? What if something went wrong? However, none of those were concerns. It went off swimmingly. Stef's mom was there for support and Max stood right by her side being an encouraging and loving partner. She delivered Sam naturally and in a short amount of time. He was beautiful and being who I am, I was crying at all of the love and joy that was surrounding Stef and Sam in that room.
***
Next up...my other godchild, Kaycie, is now playing big sister to her new little brother, Finley. Kaycie will be three this December. She is still shy around me as I don't live quite as close as I do to other kiddos. I don't get to see her nearly enough. She has a brilliant little smile, is full of ideas, and loves her mom, dad, and brothers like nobody else.
Finley sticking out his tongue
***
Last, but not least, the newest babe of yet is Cael James born to Jessie and Eric. I worked with Jess when I was long term subbing in Elmbrook two years ago. This is their first baby and it's been exciting watching Jess prepare to become a mom. Cael was born 11 days early on August 6th at 6:58 p.m. He was 7 pounds even and 19-3/4" long. He is the teensiest baby I've seen in a long time. Despite his petite frame (is that emasculating?), Cael has the biggest hands I've ever seen on a baby! I can't wait to see him again!***
These three boys will soon be joined by a whole slew of baby friends who have yet to be born.
Up in the next month or so:
Cole Sommerville due September 4th (come on Cole, we want to see you before then!)
Baby Boy Wentz due October 8th.
I know there are many more babies on their way but too many to list here. These are the two that are approaching quickly!
You are a second mom to my boys, and I couldn't imagine anyone better to fit the bill.
ReplyDeleteI was the one blessed to have YOU with me for Sam's birth. Thanks for being such an awesome friend!
Thanks for giving a shout out to Cole...maybe that will get this lil' man moving. He's anxious to meet all the other boys and start rough-housing.
ReplyDelete