What's Goin' On? Check out below

1.27.2014

The First Quarter 2013

Wow! Another year has passed, and oh so quickly! It's been a great year of new adventures! Steve and I have been so fortunate!

January:
*I rang in the New Year seeing the movie Les Mis with my parents and a cozy evening at the condo with Steve. We spent New Year's Day in the hospital emergency room because I was having some crazy stomach pains. Thankfully, it was nothing serious! Truly...what a start to the year!

*On the 6th, Steve and I celebrated two years since our first date. We are constantly amazed at how much we have managed to pack into those two years. Little did I know that cold night that he would end up being my love!

*I was introduced to WildTree freezer meal workshops at a friend's house. These meals are delicious and have helped us meal plan! It's money spent up-front, but it equals out to about $3-5 per serving! Can't beat that!

*The final stretch of my master's program began during this month! I implemented my project in my classroom. Thankfully, Steve handled my whining about the project well! He is so supportive and really reminds me that this education is more about the degree. I didn't think it would ever end!

February:
*Turned 35. I've so far truly enjoyed my thirties, but can't believe I'm at the halfway point to 40! Eek.

*Valentine's Day was a romantic night! Our first married Valentine's Day! When we were dating, Steve sent me flowers for this day of hearts and he did it again. They were absolutely beautiful. Many women say they feel flowers are a waste of money, but I think they are a wonderful surprise in winter to brighten your day! That night, we dressed up, went to Ristorante Bartolotta and had a delicious meal. Steve also ordered a cake from our wedding cake maker, which was a fun treat!




*After a conversation with my Dad about my sister's need for a car, we were put into an interesting spot. She needed a car and would be home at the end of the month. We were looking to eventually upgrade to a bigger, family-oriented car in hopes of future kiddos. However, it was nice to have no car payment and not worry about the cost of gas being crazy high. Yet, it seemed to make sense to consider this option. So, we went out shopping and ended up purchasing a used Honda Pilot. It was the best purchase we could have made considering the driveway we would soon inherit! It's been a great vehicle for our camping excursions too!

*We decided it would be smart to venture into the world of adulthood in terms of life insurance. You never know what can happen, but we wanted to be prepared. There were some hard conversations to have...thinking of your husband passing is not an easy one!

*In order to prepare for putting our condo on the market, we fixed the counters. However, they cut them wrong, so we had to deal with them coming back in February to fix their mistakes. Little did we know kitchen remodels aren't our thing!

March:*I joined Gold's Gym. It was a great investment, but one that hasn't been consistent on my end of things. During the school year, I found it helpful to have a workout buddy to keep me motivated. Early mornings and Saturdays were most successful for me. I loved that the classes were part of the monthly fee and that the amount of equipment is fantastic! My favorite part is that they have a movie theatre with treadmills, ellipticals, and bikes. They show current movies and it takes my mind off of the workout. The downside is limited parking, but that's nothing really!

*We had March Madness at school and the teachers won! I'm proud to say that I helped with two baskets...

*My love celebrated his birthday. He was busy with tax season, but we had a great night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment