What's Goin' On? Check out below

5.25.2012

Memorial Day in Minocqua: Day 1

For Memorial Day, Steve suggested we head to Minocqua for the long weekend. He was in heaven as we were going to kayak, fish, and cook over the campfire. Two of the three I had not done more than a handful of times. I was a little nervous. However, the weekend was perfect. 

We arrived in Minocqua early in the afternoon and went directly to the store to pick up food for the weekend. I had no idea what our little cabin was going to look like. Steve said that it was newly cleaned up, so I was curious what this trip would bring. When we arrived, there was a gate that we simply punched in a code and it let us in to the little getaway property. It was speckled with little cabins, reminiscent of Dirty Dancing. We pulled up to our cabin, which was separate than the other cabins. When I looked in the dusty windows, I was a little concerned, as it looked pretty barren. There was no furniture visible, but doors were closed so I hoped there was a bed behind one of those!

Thankfully, Steve realized that we were trying to punch in a code into the wrong building! We were in the bigger cabin up the hill that was in the process of being cleaned. When they left, we lugged our stuff up the hill and stepped into the cabin. It was gorgeous! Hardly roughing it! Day 2 to come...

All our bags are packed...

Cute little dock at the bottom of the hill.

Necessity for holiday weekends...


Doesn't this look like the Dirty Dancing cottages?


Our cabin






That night, we checked out the hammock and looked at the beautiful stars that shone clearly that night. We had gathered firewood and then put that to good use. Steve cooked his famous chili over the fire and then I busted open the S'mores supplies. DELICIOUS. We had a wonderful first night!

Chop, chop, chop

I am a lucky gal! This guy can really cook...especially over a campfire!


Oh. My. Goodness. This was amazing.

A friend that joined us.

Prepping the marshmallows!

Feeling peaceful with my S'mores!

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment