Here were some great highlights from the last week:
- clicking some 400+ photos of gorgeous flowers at The Domes. My friend Kate and I ventured out Memorial Day morning and took a leisurely pace through each of the environments. I will definitely post some pics in the next week.
- sharing a few Rock Band moments with the McLaughlin crew and being purely impressed by Stef's drumming skills. YOU ROCK!
- showing my true level of BBQ skill: "Um, how do I start this gas grill?" I kid you not...
- hand-picking, with one of those digger things, 15 gallons worth of dandelion weeds (roots and all...) out of the front yard only to see that I missed about 847 other ones. UGH. My palm is still sore!
- Tuesday brought one of the best moments of the year! My three interview session with Pewaukee resulted in a contract for next year!!! What a wonderful feeling. I can't wait to start! I can say I've already had nights where I can't sleep since my mind is racing about what paper to put parent letters on, what sorts of units I'll be teaching, and the sheer excitement in the thought of having my very own classroom. Thanks to everyone who helped me make that happen! Your support has meant so much.
- The kiddos from my long-term subbing classes and co-workers cheering me on for getting the job
- finishing my book club book ~ Little Face by Sophie Hannah. A little tough to get into but pretty decent toward the end. NEXT: Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
- eating delicious rhubarb cake with good company
- babysitting my lil buddy Max
- seeing my goddaughter and her brother, mom and dad for a little MineShaft fun
- spending my Saturday night tuned into DVR'd "So You Think You Can Dance" Nothing screams PMS and not feeling well more than crying at that show. I'm serious folks.
- seeing JT on SNL again. Laughed and laughed.
- spending some of Sunday with some fun ladies ~ Sophia, Blanche, Dorothy, and Rose. AGAIN, I live an exciting life... (Listen, I don't feel well! AND frankly, Golden Girls is still an awesomely funny show!)
- seeing Grandma and sharing news about my new job. She was so excited! (And, despite the fact that I feel huge and fat and overall gross, she told me I looked like I had lost some weight...it's so far from the truth and I love her for that!)
Something I'm pondering: creating an etsy shop for my photos...seems like it could be a lot of work on top of summer school...thoughts?
Congrats Amanda! I am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteGo for the etsy... you have a great product!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you are sick....BOOO..
ReplyDeleteBut, thanks for introducing me to rock band...I want to buy it to play at home now! :)
And yes, totally agree on the Etsy -- go for it! What do you have to lose?